Sunday 9 October 2011

Thing 21: Promoting yourself in job application & interview

My dream job would be a library database administrator or system librarian. My knowledge and skills are limited to what I picked up from my current job. I have done a little bit of configurating cataloguing tables etc. on a unix system but can use more experience and training on the subject. I think there are two ways I can obtain this skills.  One is to attend courses on computer programming or something similar. Two is hands-on work either on the job or as a volunteer. I am not doing a lot to achieve my dream because I don't know where to start and it's very costly. Perhaps a session with CILIP career advisor would be helpful. I am not so sure but it could be a start. In the meantime, my CV database can definitely benefit from an update. Does anyone have one that work that they can share? I find that I have too many files and sometimes end up deleting the wrong in an attempt to tidy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment