Friday 16 September 2011

Thing 18: Jing / Screen capture / Podcasts

I had fun playing around with Jing. Only managed to capture an image, added an arrow and a text box but it's still an accomplishment! I was unable to share it at this time but hopefully it will be working by the time I finish this post, in which case I will include a link to it. It's a useful screen capture tool. It saves us time re-creating things but we have to think about the copyright implication when using something like this. Is it enough citing the source or is it necessary to obtain permission? I suppose it all depends. We just need to be careful when using someone else's work to check their copyright statement.

Unfortunately the free version is a bit unreliable so I can't get a link to the screen capture that I did.  I had a look at the other screen capture tools mentioned but didn't find anything suitable for me.

Podcasts: now I know why I haven't been able to listen to any podcasts. I need another software! I am pleased to report that I can now subscribe to the New York Time book reviews that I've been wanting to listen to for ages.  Thank you so much for showing me the light!

I now have the facility to record a podcast but still have to learn about creating feeds for them so people can subscribe. Podcasthost.com seems to be a chargeable service so I'll be searching the Internet for a free equivalent.  Soundcloud.com will host sound files for free but there's no mention of creating feeds to them. The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment