Thursday 30 June 2011

Thing 3

A search on Google returned 63 results and only three of those were about me. That tells me that I don't have much of an online presence and it's not news to me. It's deliberate on my part. Whether that is short sighted or not I am still unsure. Not having an online presence doesn't mean that I don't join in and use social networking sites. I just use a screenname instead. The three entries about me were: an announcement that I had won an award for some funding from the Ulverscroft foundation, minutes of committee meetings I attended and an article I wrote for an online magazine.

In these days of identity theft, I don't like to give too much information away. Sometimes it's necessary so I will do it if I need to but I don't volunteer personal information unlike some people I see on Facebook. I don't expect any employer to head hunt me so I don't think it's necessary the create a branding.  Perhaps when I am very famous and popular I might rethink!

No comments:

Post a Comment