Sunday 24 July 2011

Thing 6 online networking

I'm fond of online networking. I believe it's convenient and very productive. From my experience, it's always been a quick and easy way to get help and advice from others online. It's also cheap to maintain contact.  But online networks can also work the other way. It's also very easy to lose touch.  I think some people believe that signing up for an account and having some contacts is all that is required for online networking. I have friends on Facebook who never touch their accounts after the initial set up. I believe that if you don't intend to stay active on network sites then there's no point in being on it.  You have to put in some effort to reaps the reward. I also find that there are too many network sites out there. It would be nice if we can synchronise them all into one so that it's more manageable. Visiting each site separately is very time consuming so one has to be very selective which network sites to join. I am a member of Facebook but have not seen the need to join LinkedIn yet. One day I might but at this time I feel that I don't need a LinkedIn account. It could be that I am missing out but I just can't commit myself fully to another networking site.  I can appreciate networking sites usefulness and have dipped in and out of a few occassionally but haven't felt compel to join them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment