Friday 19 August 2011

Thing 11 Mentoring

I am very lucky to have found a mentor who is not only supportive but also knowledgeable and very involved in the profession.  With her help I have achieved chartered status and am working toward revalidation. She's no longer my mentor but we keep in touch so she's still a source of advice and support to me. I used to have a mentor who worked in the same organisation but that didn't work out very well. It's good to have a new and fresh perspective from someone who is not familiar with what I do and my organisational structure. I think this is especially important for those who are chartering.  It encourages the mentee to go back to basic when explaining his/her situation. Chartering or not I would recommend everyone to have someone they can talk to for personal and professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment