Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thing 13: Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

I like Google Docs. I have a personal account where I keep files that I wish to access on more than one PCs. During my chartering process I used Google Docs to share my work with my mentor. I don't use Google Docs for work because we have other ways of sharing files within the organisation. I have access to a shared Google Calendar for CILIP related events with the East of England branch and do update the calendar with our events to avoid duplications.

Dropbox sounds like a useful site but it's something else that I don't need so I won't be signing up for an account.

I created a wiki but that was at least a year ago. Like everything else, I have not been keeping it up to date. I have added content to existing wikis but have not set up one in a professional capacity.

I can appreciate the usefulness of these resources and it's good to know that they are out there but I have no use for them at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment